¾ lb large shrimp, peeled and deveined
4 medium tomatoes, cut into chunks
2 banana pepper chopped (do not remove seeds)
½ cup chopped sweet onion
2 cloves of garlic, minced
1 tbsp tomato paste
½ cup heavy cream
3 tbsp olive oil
2½ tsp cajun seasoning
Salt and pepper to taste
1 cup cooked white quinoa
1cup cooked red quinoa
¼ cup shredded sharp cheddar cheese
¼ cup provolone
Fresh cilantro & green onion for garnish
- Toss the shrimp and 1 tsp Cajun seasoning together, set aside.
- Toss the tomatoes with 1 tbsp olive oil and 1 tsp Cajun seasoning, set aside.
- Heat 1 tbsp olive oil over medium heat in a cast iron skillet.
- Cook the shrimp until opaque, about 2-3 minutes per side. Remove from the pan and set aside.
- Add the remaining 1 tbsp of olive oil to the pan along with the onion, jalapeño and garlic.
- Cook until the onion and jalapeno are tender, stirring often.
- Mix in the quinoa, tomato paste, ½ tsp Cajun seasoning and tomato chunks.
- Top with the shrimp and then sprinkle with the fontina cheese.
- Place in the oven and bake at 350 for 15 minutes.
- During the last 2 minutes, turn on the broiler to high and broil until the cheese is slightly brown and bubbly.
- Garnish with fresh cilantro & green peppers