Ingredients 2-4 Servings
- 2 cups of chicken stock
- 2 tablespoons of old bay seasoning
- Salt & Pepper (optional)
- 1 cup heavy whipping Cream
- 1 cup quick-grits
- 6 tablespoons butter
- 1/2 cup shredded pepper jack cheese
- 1 pound shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 2 tbs brown whiskey
- 2 tbs chopped chives (optional)
- 1 tbs green onion chopped
- 1 tbs minced red bell pepper
- 2 large clove garlic, minced
Bring chicken stock to a boil, add salt. Add grits and stir until water is absorbed, about 5 to 10 minutes. Reduce to low heat, and stir in 4tbs butter, cheese, heavy cream, and 1tbs of old bay, then stir until creamy.
Rinse shrimp and pat dry, then season with 1tbs of old bay seasoning, and set aside. Add 2tbs of butter in a skillet, add green onion, minced garlic, red bell pepper, then add shrimp, cook until shrimp are cooked thru; Then add 2tbs of the Whiskey to shrimp (may flame with high heat), then add 2tbs of heavy cream, sauté 2-3mins and remove from heat...
Spoon grits into a serving dish. Add shrimp to top, along with sauce mixture…Use chives to garnish, Serve immediately.